Thursday, July 31, 2008

DJ Epik..the incredible


Living in Sacramento wasn't the greatest places to live regarding my djing, but there were a few things I will never take back. One of them is, knowing and building my music/djing with some of California's best you never heard of. DJ Epik falls into this category. Although, he has had some recent worldwide recognition (production for Mos Def, Rakim (?), almost all the hyphy dudes) his skills on the turntables and on the production tip haven't equaled what they should. I think it's due time for Epik to blow up. I personally, think he needs to move out of Sac and into a larger market where he can have access to people who can get him paid.

Anyway, here is what some say is the greatest mixtape ever. Seriously. Rebel Radio was recorded in 96-97 by DJ Epik and E-Rock, each taking 1 side each.

DJ Epik-Rebel Radio

No comments: