Wednesday, July 2, 2008

TO THE TOP PART TWO


From 93 to 98 I was ordering tapes from shops I found out about in the back of the Source. Some I listened to only once and recorded over, and others I still listen to today. To the Top pt. 2 is part of the latter. Track selection, intro, blends, drops and mixing are all on point. At the time (9 6 I think) I never heard of her, but took a chance on the tape based on the tracklisting and the Craig G affiliation. According to her myspace, she's steady with releasing mixes as well as running a production company.
(I took the picture with my iphone, thus the shit quality...I also think I ordered this from a bootlegger due to the low quality 2-color print).

tracklisting
Side one
1. LAzy K Intro
2. DSA Freestyle
3. Mobb Deep- drop a gem on 'em (lazy k mix)
4. Keith Murry- yeah ft. busta, redman, erick sermon
5. Lauryn from the Fugees- some teachers (exclusive)
6. L'A the Darkman (Lazy K mix)
7. Redman feat. K Solo-that's how much it is...(Exclusive)
8. DSA- unholy
9. Foxy Brown feat. Mobb Deep- da promise (Exclusive)
10. Lazy K Bullshit
11. Ghostface Killah- black Jesus
12. Smoothe Da Hustler- Hustlin (Lazy K mix) b/w Jeru-One Day
13. AZ (A+Z)
14. KRS One- the MC
15. Mobb Deep-Gusto
16. Surprise Guest with an exclusive
17. Lazy K Blends Raekwon, Nas, Method Man, Krs One
18. Jay-Z- how many ways

DJ LAZY K -- TO THE TOP PART 2 ft. Craig G Side 1

No comments: