Monday, March 8, 2010

DJ P- What's for Dessert?



The first time I heard of this guy was in 1999. It was at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco (last minute venue change if my memory serves correctly). Looking at the lineup of contestants, I was familiar with just about every one of them. Except for the DJ representing Tulsa, OK by the name of DJ P. I think the rest is history. DJ P made a name for himself this day. I remember watching Craze, A-Trak and the rest of the Allies literally get on their seats during P's set. By far, the most Original 6 minute set I've witnessed live.

To this mix...

This is P's first attempt at the "mind-numbing" top 40 BS we hear (heard) all day every day. Recorded in 2000 (pre-serato), P shows off his unique style on this mix. You have heard all the tracks put on this mix.

No comments: